Location - Sunderland
tombola is a family owned company based in Sunderland. We also operate several countries around Europe. We currently operate the biggest on-line bingo websites in the UK, Spain, Denmark, Sweden and Italy.
Our approach is different to many of our competitors in that we produce all of our games ourselves; in fact, just about every aspect of tombola is managed in-house. We are absolutely committed to building the best possible products for our current and future players.
Our people are encouraged to be their authentic selves at work and we’re really proud of having a diverse workforce at tombola, but we’re also striving to build on this. So, we would encourage you to apply for a role at tombola even if you don’t think you have every single skill listed in our job descriptions. All we ask is you have a genuine passion for that particular role and a drive to shape a future career at tombola. We can work with you to build out your skillset, try to help fill any gaps with training and development and give you all the necessary support you need. If tombola sounds like the sort of place you would thrive in, we’d love to hear from you.
The future of tombola couldn’t be brighter as we look to build on our existing, market-leading presence.
tombola are committed to building the best possible products and experiences for both current and prospective players and this requires somebody who can deliver on our promises.
This role will take full responsibility for in game promotions and promotional games in either the arcade division. Covering everything from coming up with ideas to working with developers to deliver the campaign through to analysing the results and implementing improvements.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential as you will deal with all levels of the business and technical disciplines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create a suite of promotions focussed on acquisition, retention, reactivation and individual game promotion.
- Work internal teams to devise new promo mechanics for use on tombola arcade
- Work with product management lead and head of operations to set KPIs for promotions
- Detailed analysis on promotion performance to inform future promo creation and growth in market share for tombola arcade
- Be the industry expert on competitor promotional activity
- Use player feedback to inform promo creation
- Annual management of a considerable promotional budget
- Work with design and technical teams to manage the set up and creative production of the promotional calendar
- Project management of promotion games such as advent, raffle, stars, worlds and free fiver.
- Work with the marketing team to develop a channel strategy for promotions covering SMS email, push notifications and other channels to increase effectiveness
- Planning, execution and analysis of a range of in game promotions and promotional games.
- Budget proposals
- Be the subject matter expert for your promotions and the go to person for the wider business
- Set product requirements for in game promotions and promotional games product development backlogs
- Performance management and reporting of each of your promotions against SMART KPIs
- Responsible for the quality of the product and successful delivery against specification
- Input on targets and benchmarks for key performance metrics
Knowledge and Experience:
- Self-starter, comfortable working independently as well as part of a matrix structure
- Collaborative style, accustomed to brainstorming, measuring, testing, and iterating in search of optimal ROI and entertainment value
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to research, analyze and report on numerous and complex topics in a clear and concise manner
- Strong communicator comfortable collaborating with both technical and player focused colleagues
- A creative thinker – always considering new features that can deliver customer value and add value to tombola
- Product or project management experience
- Experience working in a consumer focused or technical business
- Experience working in sprints with an understanding of Agile methodologies
- Understanding of the online gaming industry
- Energetic team player with a positive attitude who can communicate with all types of people.
- Passionate and performance-driven with a keen eye for detail
- Self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced environment offering ideas and insights
- Analytical and commercially aware with a flair for creative problem solving
- Well organised with a systematic approach to work and close attention to detail
- Have a flexible approach and adaptable to learn new skills / work with new tools
We know that having a happy team is key to creating the feel-good factor that helps us be the best we can be as a business so we offer a competitive range of benefits:
On top of some of the usual stuff like quarterly bonus, pension and private medical care, we also give our office-based staff the flexibility to work for up to 2 days from home, as well as their own dedicated desk which is theirs if they are in the office or not. This is alongside flexible hours for an even better work-life balance. And perhaps our most popular perk is our on-site café with free breakfast and lunch expertly crafted by our amazing chefs, and with not one soggy sarnie in site…did we mention the “proper coffee” available daily too.
To check out all of our benefits, please visit our benefits & perks page.