Location - Sunderland
Established in 2006, tombola is one of the leading online gaming companies in Europe. With offices in Milan, Madrid, Copenhagen and Gibraltar, we are proud to say our tombola headquarters remain here in Sunderland.
tombola currently operate the biggest online bingo sites in the UK, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Italy and are looking to expand into the Netherlands in 2021.
Our approach is different to many of our competitors in that our games are designed, developed and managed in-house; in fact, just about every aspect of tombola is managed in-house. We are absolutely committed to building the best possible products for our player base.
The future of tombola couldn’t be brighter as we look to build on our existing, market-leading presence.
Reporting to/Stakeholders: International Product Management Lead
We are passionate about our players, our people and our products. We believe that our unique products and approach where responsible gambling is at the heart of everything we do, differentiates us from our competitors.
tombola International already holds a strong presence in the Italy, Spain, Denmark and Sweden markets. We are now looking to extend this success story into the Netherlands, when this market opens late summer 2021. We are now looking for a bright, innovative and enthusiastic person to join the team as a Product Manager, focusing specifically on this territory’s launch and beyond.
Working in a fast paced environment, your role will be challenging, varied and extremely rewarding. Reporting to the International Product Management Lead, you will initially scope out the Netherlands offering and agree launch requirements and plan.
You will hold a key role within the team, helping shape and deliver the product strategy, create product requirements and work as part of a cross-functional team to meet the strategic and operational needs of the business.
This position will work closely with compliance, marketing, customer service, technology teams and the wider business to ensure business requirements are consistently met during development.
Duties and responsibilities: tombola are committed to building the best possible products and experiences for both current and prospective players and this therefore requires a product champion. Example 'products' at tombola are the website, mobile app, on-boarding experience and of course the game offerings themselves.
The ideal candidate will be customer-focused, passionate about delivering market leading products and demonstrate successful end to end delivery of projects. They will serve as the go-to person on everything ‘Netherlands’ and understand what is possible from a regulations perspective. They will hold an in-depth knowledge of product metrics and player behaviour; understanding what makes a great product and player experience.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential to allow for clear sharing of the product vision and strategy to stakeholders and the wider business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be the subject matter expert and the go to person for tombola Netherlands
- Understand player behaviour, gaming trends and have a keen awareness of competitor offerings and activity
- Be sympathetic and adapt to cultural differences
- Create a launch strategy and ensure the project remains on track, to the desired quality
- Drive the delivery of new and (soon to be) existing products on tombola
- Focus on user experience and be a champion for the player at all times
- Work with the Central Product team to develop new game content
- Along with the International Product Management Lead, own and deliver a product roadmap in-line with business objectives
- Manage the product backlog, detailing requirements and working with the development teams to create the best value for the players
- Deliver market leading products using techniques such as A/B testing, heat mapping, session cam, player panel to inform customer insight
- Work hand in hand with the Marketing and in-country CS team to communicate products or features as effectively as possible
- Perform regular product reviews and competitor analysis to drive improvements
- Ensure the site and product range is fully compliant at all times
- Relevant experience in a product-related role or within marketing or project management
- Self-starter, resilient, well organised and capable of managing multiple priorities
- Strong communicator comfortable collaborating with both technical and player focused colleagues and leading project teams
- Confident and decisive, with a detail-orientated approach
- Collaborative style, accustomed to brainstorming, measuring, testing, and iterating in search of optimal results and entertainment value
- Analytical and commercially aware with a keen eye for detail
- A creative mindset – always considering new features that can deliver customer value and add value to tombola
- Can-do attitude with a flexible approach
- Experience in product management
- Graduate in business or technology
- Experience working in a consumer focused or technical business
- Experience working in sprints with an understanding of Agile methodologies
- Understanding of the online gaming industry
- Experience using Atlassian software or similar
- Fluent in Dutch
- Has experience dealing with Dutch companies and is familiar with their culture
We offer a competitive range of benefits, in an impressive office with free breakfast, lunch, pension, discretionary bonus & private medical care to name a few.
To check out all of our benefits, please visit our benefits & perks page.