Location - Sunderland
Reporting to/Stakeholders: Product Management Lead
Role outline: tombola is one of the leading online gaming companies in Europe. We are passionate about our players, our people and our products. We believe that our unique products and approach of responsible gambling being at the heart of everything we do differentiates us from our competitors.
We are looking for a bright, innovative and enthusiastic person who is passionate about providing an exceptional player experience to join the team as a Product Manager.
This is a key role taking responsibility for communicating and delivering the product strategy, understanding data and interpreting it into customer needs, creating product requirements and working, as part of a cross-functional team to meet the strategic and operational needs of the business.
This position will work closely with data, marketing, customer service, technology teams and the wider business in order to support expansion plans ensuring business requirements are consistently met during development.
Duties and responsibilities: tombola is committed to building the best possible products and experiences for both current and prospective players and this therefore requires a product champion. Example products at tombola are the website, mobile app, onboarding experience and various games.
The ideal candidate will be naturally curious about data and how it can help tombola, customer-focused, passionate about delivering market leading products and demonstrate successful end to end delivery of projects. They will serve as the go-to person on how the metrics of products work with a keen eye towards understanding what makes a great product and player experience.
Exceptional verbal and written communication and analytical skills are essential to allow for clear sharing of the product vision and strategy to the wider business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand player behaviour, gaming trends and competitor activity/products
- Help tombola improve its data usage by exploring and interpreting available data
- Drive the delivery and success of new and existing products on tombola
- Manage the product backlog, detailing requirements and working with the development teams to create the most value for the players
- Along with the Product Management Lead, own and deliver a product development roadmap in line with business objectives
- Focus on user experience and be a champion for the player at all times
- Work with the Central Product team to develop new game content
- Work hand in hand with Marketing to communicate products as effectively as possible
- Product launch planning and communication with all stakeholders, including the home team
- Perform regular product reviews and competitor analysis to drive improvements
- Working with the Promotions Executive, create a promotional plan for games within your product range
- Deliver market leading products using techniques such as A/B testing, heat mapping, session cam, player panel to inform customer insight
- Be the subject matter expert for your products and the go to person for the wider business
- Ensure the product range is fully compliant at all times
- Relevant experience in a product-related role or within marketing or project management
- Naturally curious about data with experience using it to make informed decisions and influence stakeholders
- Self-starter, well organised and capable of managing multiple priorities
- Strong communicator comfortable collaborating with both technical and player focused colleagues and leading project team.
- Collaborative style, accustomed to brainstorming, measuring, testing, and iterating in search of optimal results and entertainment value
- Analytical and commercially aware with a keen eye for detail
- A creative mindset – always considering new features that can deliver customer value and add value to tombola
- Have a flexible approach and be adaptable to learn new skills / work with new tools
- Experience in product management
- Graduate in business or technology
- Experience working in a consumer focused or technical business
- Experience working in sprints with an understanding of Agile methodologies
- Understanding of the online gaming industry
- Experience using Atlassian software or similar
We offer a competitive range of benefits, in an impressive office with free breakfast, lunch, pension, discretionary bonus & private medical care to name a few.
To check out all of our benefits, please visit our benefits & perks page.