Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Location - Sunderland
tombola is a family owned company based in Sunderland which operates the UK's, Spain's and Italy's biggest on-line bingo websites (with offices in Madrid, Milan and Gibraltar) as well as websites in Denmark and Sweden with further countries to follow.
Our approach is different to many of our competitors in that we produce all of our software ourselves; in fact just about every aspect of tombola is managed in-house. We have created all of our own games and take pride in our technical innovation and the strength of the development and design teams who use cutting edge technologies to drive the business forward.
The future of tombola couldn’t be brighter as we look to build on our existing market-leading presence.
What will you do?
The successful candidate will lead a small team of Cloud Infrastructure Engineers as part of a wider high calibre chapter who provide support to a number of online applications as well as manage a cloud-based infrastructure.
Technology you should have experience with:
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux (CentOS/Debian) & Windows Server
- Experience of enterprise level global distribution of content via CDN
Your responsibilities will be:
- Lead a growing, autonomous team with direct line management responsibility
- Form part of a team of 5 functional leads within tombola international division
- Manage and support tombola’s infrastructure and applications for the international markets
- Keep abreast of industry developments in the technical arena and make recommendations as to how we can improve
- Automate cloud services and create a best-in-class architecture
- Understand security policies and compliance requirements to implement solutions that satisfy these requirements
- Work closely with the development team to support new feature launches with appropriate infrastructure
- Effectively manage the cost of tombola’s cloud infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership, help and guidance to less experienced members of the team through mentoring, coaching, constructive review and active participation in technical forums
- Provide feedback on solutions currently being developed and introduce the team to new concepts and products
- Form part of the out-of-hours ‘on call’ rota
Employees at tombola are passionate about their chosen career paths and if successful, you'll be working with people that love what they do – therefore, you should too.
We look for the following from our people:
- Good communication. It sounds clichéd but things like being able to express your ideas clearly, talking to non-technical colleagues and effective feedback during code reviews are incredibly important.
- A desire to learn. The cloud infrastructure team do things other companies don't, so there is a lot to learn. But that's a good thing as we don't want to stand still. We want people who want to improve themselves.
- Actively drive improvements. We're constantly looking to improve the way we do things. From managing our workloads, to the way we deliver our infrastructure. We have an open attitude to new ideas. If you don’t like the way something is done all we ask is that you suggest a better way of doing it.
- Think of new and unique ways to improve our customers experience. Ultimately that is what tombola is about - giving value to customers.
We offer a competitive salary as well as an amazing new HQ, free lunch and snacks, pension, discretionary bonus & private medical to name a few... To check out all of our perks please visit our benefits & perks page.