Game Engine Developer (International)
Game Engine Developer (International)
Salary: Up to 45k
tombola is a family owned company which operates the UK's, Spain's and Italy's biggest on-line bingo website.
Our approach is different to many of our competitors in that we produce all of our games ourselves; in fact, just about every aspect of tombola is managed in-house. We are absolutely committed to building the best possible products for our current and future players.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our expanding team in the International division, creating both Bingo and Arcade products for our international territories including Spain, Italy, Denmark and Sweden, whilst also working on expanding into new territories. The game engine team are an integral part of developing products and ensuring the backend applications run reliably and are highly available.
The future of tombola couldn’t be brighter as we look to build on our existing market-leading presence.
What will you do?
Your responsibilities will include:
Be part of a growing engine team working with some of the latest technologies. Developing game mechanics into massively multiplayer bingo and arcade games with the focus on high availability and accurate processing. Champion the investigation and adoption of modern technologies to further enhance our products.
- Heavily collaborative with colleagues within the game, product, platform, infrastructure and QA teams to ensure a cohesive product delivery and utilising the fundamentals of DevOps.
- Be involved in all phases of development, from conception all the way to release and beyond. Building highly available applications using languages and technologies such as C#, T-SQL, Redis and AWS.
- You will be actively involved in team discussions, decision making and contributing to the development processes.
- Actively support the implementation of continuous integration to ensure a solid deployment process.
- C# or similar OOP language
- Good understanding of OOP including SOLID principles
- Experience using source control
- Problem solving and debugging
- RESTful API experience
- Knowledge of asynchronous development
- Cloud computing experience (AWS or similar)
- SQL experience
- Strong mathematical background
- Experience with build pipeline tools (e.g. TeamCity, Octopus Deploy)
We want enthusiastic developers with a proactive attitude and strong team working skills as well as being confident working independently. You must be committed to collaborated problem solving and have an excellent attention to detail. You must be numerically competent and having a mathematical background would be advantageous.
To be a success in this role you will have:
- Good communication. It sounds clichéd but things like being able to express your ideas clearly, talking to non-technical colleagues and effective feedback during code reviews are incredibly important.
- A desire to learn. tombola do a lot of things other companies don't, so there is a lot to learn. But that's a good thing as we don't want to stand still. We want people who want to improve themselves.
- Suggest improvements. We're constantly looking to improve the way we do things. From managing our workloads, to the way we deliver our code. We have an open attitude to new ideas. If you don’t like the way something is done all we ask is that you suggest a better way of doing it.
- Think of new and unique ways to improve our customers experience. Ultimately that is what tombola is about, giving value to customers. We pride ourselves on delivering quality software solutions efficiently.
We offer a competitive salary as well as an amazing HQ, free lunch and snacks, pension, discretionary bonus & private medical to name a few... To check out all of our perks please visit our benefits & perks page.