Game Engine Developer
Game Engine Developer
tombola is a family owned company which operates the UK's, Spain's and Italy's biggest on-line bingo website.
Our approach is different to many of our competitors in that we produce all of our games ourselves; in fact, just about every aspect of tombola is managed in-house. We are absolutely committed to building the best possible products for our current and future players.
The future of tombola couldn’t be brighter as we look to build on our existing market-leading presence.
What will you do?
An exciting opportunity to be part of an expanding technology company. The arcade division successfully launched in 2016 and has steadily grown the products it offers, and the millions of games played daily. The game engine team are an integral part of developing products and ensuring the backend applications run reliably and are highly available.
Your responsibilities will include:
Be part of a growing engine team working with some of the latest technologies. Developing game mechanics into readily deployable API’s with the focus on scalability. Champion the investigation and adoption of modern technologies to further enhance our products.
- Heavily collaborative with colleagues within the game, product, platform, infrastructure and QA teams to ensure a cohesive product delivery and utilising the fundamentals of DevOps.
- Be involved in all phases of development, from conception all the way to release and beyond. Building highly available applications using languages and technologies such as C#, T-SQL, Redis and AWS.
- You will be actively involved in team discussions, decision making and contributing to the development processes.
- Actively support the implementation of continuous integration to ensure a solid deployment process.
Key skills you will need:
- Proficiency in at least one modern OO language, preferably C#
- Good understanding of OOP and class-based coding
- RESTful API experience
We want enthusiastic developers with a proactive attitude and strong team working skills as well as being confident working independently. You must be committed to collaborated problem solving and have an excellent attention to detail. You must be numerically competent and having a mathematical background would be advantageous.
We offer a competitive salary as well as an amazing new HQ, free lunch and snacks, pension, discretionary bonus & private medical to name a few... To check out all of our perks please visit our benefits & perks page.