tombola is one of the leading online gaming companies in Europe. We are passionate about our players, our people and our products. We believe that our unique products and approach of responsible gambling being at the heart of everything we do, differentiates us from our competitors.
We are now looking for a bright, innovative and enthusiastic person who is passionate about creating great products to join our Central Product team as a Game Architect. This is a key role within tombola, offering a great opportunity to be central to creating new innovative games for our bingo, arcade and International territories.
You’re an idea’s person with the ability to fully understand the online gaming industry, player behaviour and tombola’s approach to responsible gaming.
It is essential that you are creative with the ability to communicate the concept and narrative of a game. In addition, understanding how various features appeal to different players, drive behaviour and ultimately result in creating innovative, industry leading games. Full training is provided, we are looking for core skills and an attitude to learn and collaborate.
All games are created in-house at tombola from the initial idea through to design, animation, development, marketing and ongoing management. Therefore, it is crucial you are comfortable working with different teams and a number of projects at the same time.
- Immerse yourself in the online gaming world to fully understand tombola’s games and competitors to acknowledge how/why they are successful
- Ability to communicate the journey and progression of a game from a player experience perspective
- Contribute to a continuous pipeline of new games for bingo, arcade and International territories
- A key part of the role is to write, storyboard and present game concepts to the wider team and gain feedback at various stages
- Keep up to date with emerging trends, technologies and products within the gaming industry
Who were looking for:
- Thrives on working in a fast-paced environment
- This role will work closely with product, development, marketing, customer service and players so excellent communication skills and willingness to seek and build on feedback is a must
- An interest in games both from a design and player perspective
- Ability to research, analyse and spot key features or trends
- Creatively minded and open to changes and evolution throughout the game lifecycle
- Ideally you will have online gaming experience however, you may be from a Marketing, Product, UX, or a creative agency background
- Real life examples of concept creation and/or storyboarding would be a real advantage
- An understanding of social games or gambling products would be a real advantage
- University degree in a design or business orientated course is an advantage
Working at tombola is ideal for creative people who want to make a difference. All our creative people have a key role to play in developing, enhancing and supporting the business. Every day we get to play games and have the freedom to push the boundaries to give our customers the best experience possible and drive the business forward. Sharing ideas, designs and thoughts on each other’s games is a daily occurrence, it is a truly collaborative fun team to be part of.
We are different to many of our competitors. To help keep us at the forefront we produce all our own software; in fact, every aspect of our product development is managed in-house. And when we say every aspect we mean it – our games are unique to us, so you'll not find them anywhere else. This end-to-end approach, owning both the platform and developing high quality content, is key to our success. This is why we have total flexibility when creating new games for our players.
As a business we know where we are going but how we get there, we figure out together. We are neither prescriptive nor tied to one way of working. If you’ve got an idea we want to hear it. Everyone in tombola is encouraged to have a voice and has the freedom to innovate. Experimenting and coming up with ideas to address our challenges is an everyday occurrence. At the same time, everyone is expected to collaborate and maintain very high-quality standards. Learning from talented colleagues, trying new things, hack-a-thons and attending global events are all part of being in team tombola.
We offer a competitive salary as well as an amazing HQ, free food, drinks & snacks, pension, discretionary bonus & private medical to name a few... To check out all of our perks please visit - https://www.tombola.co.uk/careers/job-perks