Location - Sunderland
Salary: Up to 45k
tombola is a family owned company based in Sunderland which operates the UK's, Spain's and Italy's biggest online bingo websites, (with offices in Madrid, Malta, Milan, Copenhagen and Gibraltar).
Our approach is different to many of our competitors in that we produce all of our software ourselves; in fact, just about every aspect of tombola is managed in-house. We have created all of our own games and take pride in our technical innovation and the strength of the development and design teams who use cutting edge technologies to drive the business forward.
The future of tombola couldn’t be brighter as we look to build on our existing market-leading presence.
The only things we require are strong programming fundamentals and a desire to learn. All employees at tombola are passionate about their chosen career paths and if successful, you'll be working with people that love what they do – therefore, you should too.
We look for the following from our people:
- Good communication. It sounds clichéd but things like being able to express your ideas clearly, talking to non-technical colleagues and effective feedback during code reviews are incredibly important.
- A desire to learn. The platform team do a lot of things other companies don't, so there is a lot to learn. But that's a good thing as we don't want to stand still. We want people who want to improve themselves.
- Suggest improvements. We're constantly looking to improve the way we do things. From managing our workloads, to the way we deliver our code. We have an open attitude to new ideas. If you don’t like the way something is done all we ask is that you suggest a better way of doing it.
- Think of new and unique ways to improve our customers experience. Ultimately that is what tombola is about, giving value to customers.
What will you do?
Successful candidates will be joining our Platform team, a highly driven and cohesive team of full-stack developers of all experiences; from graduates to seniors. We pride ourselves on delivering quality software solutions efficiently.
We use many technologies; we will use the best tools for the job (and we have many jobs). At the very least, you can expect to work with the following technologies on a daily basis:
- C# ASP.Net MVC (Framework & Core), Node.js, VueJs, Typescript
- AWS - Lambda, ECS, S3, DynamoDB, RDS (to name a few)
- Docker, Terraform, Packer, TeamCity, GitHub
- MSSQL, MySQL, Redis
- Umbraco CMS
You’ll be using these tools to:
- Develop full stack web applications (desktop and mobile)
- Build and maintain RESTful APIs for our clients to consume
- Create and maintain the background services that form the connective tissue of our platform
- Innovate new features and capabilities
Do you need to be familiar with all of the tech listed above to apply? Absolutely not, you will learn and grow your skills on the job.
We offer a competitive salary as well as an amazing new HQ, free food and snacks, generous pension, discretionary bonus & private medical to name a few... To check out all of our perks please visit our benefits & perks page.