vacancies | tombola careers
be a part of our team - current vacancies
Safe Play Advisor
Location: Home Based (must live within commutable distance to Sunderland)
tombola is a family owned company based in Sunderland which operates the UK's, Spain's and Italy's biggest on-line bingo websites, (with offices in Madrid, Milan, Copenhagen and Gibraltar).
Our approach is different to many of our competitors in that we produce all of our software ourselves; in fact just about every aspect of tombola is managed in-house. We have created all of our own games and take pride in our technical innovation and the strength of the development and design teams who use cutting edge technologies to drive the business forward. The future of tombola couldn’t be brighter as we look to build on our existing market-leading presence.
Safe play... is it for you?
We are once again expanding our team of safe play advisors in the UK. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people to be part of something different. Safe play is the biggest initiative tombola has seen for some time and is no comparison to how we stand out in the industry and against competitors. This dedicated team make it our mission to keep our players game play fun and affordable. We recognise the importance of knowing our players and having a good conversation, not only around gameplay but also around the well-being of our players.
If this is something you're interested in, read on…
What do you need to be successful
You should be dedicated to providing an enhanced level of support and guidance to our players at all times.
We welcome applications for those who demonstrate experience in the following:
- Communication invarious different methods
- Industry knowledge and a keen interest in keeping this up to date
- Managing your own workload
- A robust attitude and enthusiasm for continuous development, change and new opportunities
- Be familiar with your own potential, welcome feedback regularly
- Ability to adapt and change for the needs of our players and the business
- Flexibility and adaptability –IT skills covering computers and mobile devices
What’s in it for you?
- An extensivetraining programme to get you fully embeddedin to the team and understand the values of safe play.
- Enhanced safe play training withGamCare, the national charity for problem gamblers. This is a huge part of the training and unheard of in the industry.
- Regular input,creationand opportunities to improve the tools and procedures we have in place
- Ongoing support & feedback for continuous personal development
- Further training in related areas of safer gambling. (E.g. emotional resilience,suicide and mental health awareness etc.)
- 12-week probation @ £10.93 per hour
- Increased to £11.26 per hour once passed this probationary period and the completion of up to a6week remote training programme.
Safeplay support is available 24 hours a day and shifts take the format of 4 hours. 12-4am, 4-8am, 8am-12, 12pm-4pm, 4pm-8pm, 8pm-12 1-5pm, 5pm-9pm We currently have a range of shifts available (36 & 40 hour contracts), however these will include evenings and weekends. An example of a full time shift pattern is shown below. Available patterns will be shared at interview stage.
Full time example:(40 hours)
Sunday – Day off
Monday 12am-4am + 4pm-8pm
Tuesday 4pm-8pm + 8pm-12am
Wednesday – Day off
Thursday 12am -4am + 4am -8am
Friday 12am-4am + 4am -8am
Saturday 4pm-8pm + 8pm-12am
Full time example (36 hours)
Sunday 4am-8am + 8pm-12am
Monday – Day off
Tuesday 12am-4am + 5pm-9pm
Wednesday 12pm-4pm + 4pm-8pm
Friday 4pm-8pm + 8pm -12am
Saturday -Day off
Please see our extensive list of benefits in the Job perks section of our careers site.
If you'd like to join an award winning team (socially responsible operator, 2013/ 2015/ 2017/ 2019) then hit the apply button now.